Date of Event: Oct 19, 2015
Trevor was playing soccer for William Tennent High School on their freshman team when he was hit in the chest with a soccer ball. He kicked the ball to his teammate and told him he was not feeling well and collapsed. He had a seizure then when into cardiac arrest. One of his teammates dad was on the sideline and noticed what was going on. The parent was a voluntary firefighter. He immediately started to preform CPR on Trevor. There was also an EMT on school property who helped with the CPR. The other EMTs arrived and brought the AED. Trevor was shocked twice. He was taken to Lansdale Hospital then airlifted to CHOP. He spent 4 days in a coma. He was later diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. We had not idea because Trevor was a very healthy kid with no symptoms. Before Trevor’s discharge he was implanted with an ICD.
Diagnosis: Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
Treatment: ICD implant and medication