Terms of Service
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE, YOU SIGNIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ THE AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND THE AGREEMENT.
Access and Use
Third Party Website
Limitation of Liability
You should review this Agreement each time you access our Website. GotAED reserves the right to modify the Terms of Service at any time and will publish notice of any such modifications on-line at this site. By continuing to access a site after notice of such modifications has been published, you signify your agreement to be bound by them.
GotAED, Inc. provides its services (described below) to you through its website (the “Platform“) and related services (collectively, such services, including any new features and applications, and the Platform, the “Services“), subject to the following Terms of Service (as amended from time to time, the “Terms of Service“).
A. Access and Use of the Services
- Services Description: The Services are offered as a platform to users of the Services based in the United States only, which may include Campaign Organizers and Donors (each defined herein) and other registered users of the Services (which may include users who simply “like” Campaigns or otherwise interact with the Platform or Services). Among other features, the Services are designed to allow a user (a “Campaign Organizer“) to post a fundraising campaign (“Campaign“) to the Platform to accept monetary donations (“Donations“) from those wishing to contribute funds to the Campaign (“Donors“). For purposes hereof, the term “Campaign Organizer” shall also be deemed to include any individual(s) designated as a beneficiary of a Campaign.
There are no fees to set up a Campaign. GotAED keeps a small portion of successful campaigns to fund the operations of this site.
- Campaign Structure: Campaigns will be created for the purpose of obtaining an Automated External Defibrillator (“AED”) device and shall remain active for three (3) months during which time Donations can be received towards the Campaign goal (“Campaign Goal”). When a Donor makes a Donation to a Campaign, he/she will be debited immediately, and will receive an automated email acknowledging the tax deductible donation. After three (3) months, GotAED will terminate the Campaign regardless of whether or not the Campaign Goal has been achieved.
- Complete Campaign: When a Campaign Goal is reached, (“Complete Campaign”) the donations made to the Complete Campaign will be used to provide an AED device to the Complete Campaign. The AED device will be provided by a third-party AED distributor (“Distributor”). GotAED does not distribute AED devices, nor does it collect any fees or monies from the Distributor.
- Incomplete Campaign: If the Campaign Goal is not reached (“Incomplete Campaign”), donations made to the Incomplete Campaign will be donated to Simon’s Heart and used for the operation of GotAED.
B. Services are a Platform.
- The Services are a Platform: We are not a Broker, Financial Institution, or Creditor. The Services are an administrative platform only. GotAED facilitates the Donation transaction between Campaign Organizers and Donors, but is not a party to any agreement between a Campaign Organizer and a Donor. GotAED is not a broker, agent, financial institution, creditor or insurer for any user. GotAED has no control over the conduct of, or any information provided by, a Campaign Organizer, and GotAED hereby disclaims all liability in this regard to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- No Guarantee: GotAED does not guarantee that a Campaign will obtain a certain amount of Donations or any Donations at all. We do not personally endorse any Campaign, or Campaign Organizer and we make no guarantee, explicit or implied, that any information provided through the Services by a user is accurate. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for the success of any Campaign. You, as a Donor, must make the final determination as to the value and appropriateness of contributing to any Campaign, or Campaign Organizer.
- Campaign Organizer Warranties: You, as a Campaign Organizer, represent, warrant, and covenant that (i) all information you provide in connection with a Campaign is accurate, complete, and not otherwise designed to mislead, defraud, or deceive any user; (ii) you will comply with